Lit Labs is an umbrella for Lit packages under development that we are actively seeking feedback on. While we encourage real-world use in order to help the feedback process, please note:
- Lit Labs projects are published under the
- Breaking changes are likely to occur more frequently than in non-labs packages, but they will still respect standard semantic versioning guildelines and all changes will be published to the CHANGELOG files.
- While we strive to address all bugs in a timely fashion, bugs in non-labs projects typically receive higher priority than bugs in labs projects.
- When a Lit Labs project is ready to graduate out of labs, we'll begin publishing it under the
@litscope. (For example,
@lit-labs/taskmight graduate to
@lit/task.) Once a package graduates, its first version under the
@litscope will match that of the latest in
@lit-labs—but only the
@litversion will receive subsequent updates.
- We may decide to deprecate a Lit Labs project. In such cases, we will notify the community, and a deprecation warning will be added to the npm package. The deprecated package will receive bug fix support for at least 6 months. A record of historical labs packages will be kept on this page.
Feedback is currently being solicited on the following Labs packages:
A package containing controllers and decorators for using the Context Protocol.
|React integration helpers for custom elements and reactive controllers.|
Mixin for Lit that integrates with the speculative Scoped CustomElementRegistry polyfill.
A plugin for Eleventy that pre-renders Lit components at build time, with optional hydration.
|Animation helpers for Lit templates.|
|A set of reactive controllers that facilitate using the platform observer objects.|
|A package for server-side rendering Lit templates and components.|
|A reactive controller for handling asynchronous tasks.|
|A package containing testing utilities for Lit including generating server-side rendered fixtures.|
|A package that provides viewport-based virtualization (including virtual scrolling) for Lit.|
|A static analyzer for Lit.|
|A command line tool for Lit.|
|A component-oriented router API vended as reactive controllers.|